One word. Innovation. Now, only time will tell if they pull it off but I’m super excited that a company in such a ‘safe’ spot (if there’s such a thing) is actually thinking outside of the box and taking a real shot at delivering something there’s very clearly a market for.
What’s are biggest obstacles in PC gaming right now?
- Peripherals (game pads, motion etc.) – Yes while they may be available they certainly are no where near ubiquitous which they need to be.
- PC gaming in the living room
- Sharing experience
- Hardware is expensive (just needs added value / simplicity)
As far as I can tell Valve’s strategy is attempting (in creative ways – some more than others) to come up with solutions to all of these problems.
- New controller + design
- Streaming games from the living room using your gaming PC’s power
- Sharing game library with family
Good luck with it Valve. If your delivery / implementation doesn’t suck I just might be able to get behind this 😉